Various packages are available and each includes:
- Removal from place of death
- Embalming and preparation of the body for "open casket" viewing
- Professional services of funeral director and staff
- Quality casket
- Guest register book
- Viewing/visitation held prior to start of the funeral service
- Funeral service conducted at funeral home, church or gravesite
- Secure permits and documents
- All transportation within a 30 mile radius of our facility and to the Donel C. Kinnard Memorial State Veterans Cemetery
- Complimentary flag case
Veterans Cremation Services provided by Ronald Meadows Funeral Parlors:
- Traditional funeral with cremation to follow
- Cremation with memorial service
- Direct cremation with no service
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What is included in a Veteran’s Burial Funeral Service?
A. A complete funeral service at the funeral home, church or graveside, a casket, embalming, use of a hearse and a viewing or visitation period as well as a complimentary flag case.
Q. Is pre-arranging a good idea?
A. Most definitely. Planning ahead gives you peace of mind and takes the burden off your family members. Simply call us at (304)466-1179 or go to the pre-plan online section of our website answer the questions and click submit and one of our staff members will be happy to follow up with you.
Q. What if death occurs after hours, on a weekend or a holiday?
A. We are here for you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Just call (304) 466-1179.
Q. Are Social Security and veteran’s death benefits available for a veteran’s family?
A. Yes, Social Security will pay a lump sum death benefit to the spouse or the dependent child of a veteran. Families of disabled veterans, veterans dying in a VA hospital or veterans receiving a support pension may also receive benefits.
Q. Can any veteran be buried in a veterans cemetery?
A. All veterans and their spouses are entitled to a grave headstone, outer burial container, opening and closing ad perpetual care in any veterans cemetery in the country.
Q. Can any veteran have a service with military honors?
A. Any honorably discharged veteran with a valid DD-214 is eligible for a service with military honors.